Use PlatSil® Series liquid silicone rubbers to manufacture high-performance silicone molds and silicone parts.
PlatSil® rubbers are platinum-cured (also known as addition-cure), room temperature-curing silicones that cure to flexible, high-strength rubbers. PlatSil® molds offer excellent release properties and release agent is not necessary when casting most materials. Compared to tin-cured silicone rubbers, platinum-cured silicones exhibit long library life and low shrinkage on cure.
Silicone rubber is an excellent mold material, but select silicone products are also widely used as a casting medium in applications including medical modeling, special effects, and orthotics.
Select a product line below to learn more or continue to scroll to review product line features and common applications:
Product Line Features
- Type: Platinum-cured (addition-cured) silicone rubber
- Room-temperature curing (RTV)
- A wide range of durometers
- 1:1 and 1:10 mix ratios
- High temperature resistance (up to 450°F)
- Low and high viscosity options
- Low shrinkage
- Translucent options
- Product options that comply with 21 CFR 177.2600 for repeated use food contact surfaces
- Skin-safe options in the PlatSil® Gel Series
- Accelerators, retarders, thickeners, pigments and other accessories that adjust the liquid and cured properties of the silicone
- Silicone molds can be used to cast a variety of materials, including: polyurethane, polyester and epoxy resin, polyurethane foam, low melting metals, concrete, plaster, wax, platinum-cured silicone, and more